If you don't have Facebook, you are missing something - and that is my posts. Facebook is a fantastic place to connect with friends and family, but it also is a great place for sharing news and info with others. The LiveCatholic Facebook page is chock full of great Catholic info, plus you'll find out every time I post something new for you here. I know you can't wait.
Now, I post great Catholic articles that I find right on the Facebook page as soon as I read it, but for you people who don't care to partake in Facebook (and I understand - my husband is one of them) I thought I would share the best with you. So today is the first of what hopefully will become a continuing series of posts. I try to post articles that are informative, maybe uplifting or helpful, and I try to not choose articles that are overly political or a downer because, heaven knows, there is enough of that stuff out there to make you want to take a quick trip off a cliff. So, with not a moment to lose, here is my first crop of The Most Interesting Articles This Week (can you hear the echo?) I really did want to make that title spin, with maybe little silver sparks coming off of it, but purple was the best I could do. It is most vomitorious, don't you think. Don't worry, I'll control myself better next time.
1) A Brand-New Medieval Monastery…in Wyoming? An order of Carmelite Monks in Wyoming is planning on building a beautiful new monastery in the Rocky Mountains. This place will be fantastic and built to last a thousand years. I for one am excited for them. This will truly be something special and a great reason to buy Mystic Monk Coffee to help support the monks. Here's their website about the New Mount Carmel.
2) Catholic hero of 9-11 hijacked Flight 93 had ‘message from God,’ wife says This is a lovely article about a man who felt God had a mission for him to do, which he fulfilled on Flight 93, September 11, 2001.
3) Worth Working For - An Interview With a Veteran NFP Instructor This is a fantastic interview with an NFP Instructor of 30 years. Is NFP effective for postponing or achieving pregnancy? You bet.
4) The endangered Orthodox patriarchate of Constantinople The Orthodox Christians of Constantinople are going through a difficult trial and need prayers.
5) Pray to Edith Stein. It couldn’t hoit! Have you ever prayed a Novena? It is nine days of praying your chosen prayer. Nine days in imitation of the time that the Apostles spent praying before Pentecost. Here is one woman's experience with a novena to St. Edith Stein (St. Theresa Benedicta of the Cross) for employment.
6) Pockets of Prayer This is a lovely article about fitting prayer into your day.
7) The Coming Vocation Explosion A beautiful sign of the resurgence of vocations.
8) Escape from Apathy-ville How do you respond to the numbness of the depressing and distressing times we live in?