Friday, May 28, 2010
Seven Quick Takes Vol. 7
1. Well, no...I actually have not fell off the face of the Earth. My life has just been concerned with some other things for awhile and I hope to be back up to speed soon. "Soon" means it will be commensurate with the amount of guilt I feel.
2. I must admit though that I have been having a great deal of fun with LiveCatholic's Facebook page. I have been busy there posting articles I think would be of interest to you, and best of all it requires no work on my part. The slothful part of me loves that, so come look up LiveCatholic on Facebook and click "Like" so you can partake of the fun.
3. On to a not so fun topic. My newly-seven year old son and I are going to fly Saturday morning to visit my in-laws "Up North." Since everything is pretty much "Up North" to us, I guess I need to specify we are flying to Pittsburgh. My wonderful Father-in-Law, John, has cancer and is in Hospice. We are going to visit him and help out as much as we can, and will fly back Tuesday. My little guy has not seen his "Pap" for probably five years and this is an important trip for him. My hubby will be holding down the fort here. He was up there a couple of weeks ago and will go back again soon. I can't remember the last time we have flown so much. I wish it was for happier reasons. One joyous thing though is a 7 year old taking a plane. I am looking forward to partaking in that.
4. The flight Saturday morning will be at an ungodly 6:30am! Please pray for us that our trips up and back are safe and that all goes smoothly. We aren't checking bags, so that will help, but renting a car is a bummer sometimes. I've done all I can do now and hopefully it will be an uneventful trip.
5. I am very happy that I have my iPod back! Yay!! The click wheel was broken and I could not deal with it any more, so I sent it off to Rapid Repair and had it fixed. While they were in there, I told them to replace the battery, which was 2 years old. It wasn't giving me any trouble, but I have heard the battery only lasts for a couple of years at full happiness, so I had it done. Now I can go back to listening to podcasts. The silence gave me a chance to pray more, but I'm happy I have it back. And the fact I can play solitaire again could be handy on our trip. I don't think my thumbs will be thrilled at it though.
6. One thing I will miss on our trip is the installation of our new Archbishop while we are gone. I'm excited that we will be getting one fantastic bishop. I'm thinking of getting my friends together and doing a Spiritual Bouquet for him. Any ideas?
7. Did I happen to mention LiveCatholic's on Facebook? Go there! Say Hello! Click "Like"! So we can all be buddies and you can be kept up to date on some great Catholic stuff.
Now that you've read my ramblings, go read Jen's at Conversion Diary