Friday, March 26, 2010
7 Quick Takes - Vol. 5
Well, this has been a busy couple of weeks or so. I've been dealing with tonsillitis that won't go away - but apparently is "just" a virus - therefore no antibiotics for me, a kid with an almost-broken arm, another kid being a pain, a husband with a car that refuses to stay fixed, and a general feeling of depression/incredulity/anger at all the political nonsense going on. BUT...I have rallied and have another fine (at least to me) selection of Quick Takes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do....
1. This is why I'm excited about the iPad:
The apps will be so cool and could revolutionize the way we do so many things.
2. And while I don't want books to go away for kids, here's another reason to like the iPad: Are Kids Destined to Grow Up With Tablets? I could see this as an excellent tool for middle school and up. It is a lot easier to carry a little iPad then a back-breaking bag of books.
3. Have you ever wondered how to make a great bowl of soup? Read what the Soup Peddler has to say. Be sure to look at the interview he mentions at the beginning and then read the rest.
4. I found an interesting YouTube video yesterday - the Litany of the Saints from Pope John Paul II's funeral. I remember being so impressed by it at the time. I'm not sure why...maybe just the prayerful repetition... but it is beautiful.
5. Have you ever tried to color Easter eggs the old fashioned way?
How to Color Eggs With Natural Dyes.
6. My resolution this Lent is to pay more attention to my kids and not give into frustration at interruptions. Here is a ready made article about this. If you are not in the corporate world you need to adapt it a bit, but it is helpful: Nine Ways to Handle Interruptions Like a Pro.
7. On a related note, here is a good article about 10 Reasons Why You Aren't Done Yet. This is about getting your stuff done and focusing. It is also very helpful.
Have a great weekend and skip on over to Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes.